As we begin a new year many of us look at goal setting for the 12 months ahead. Whether it be health, financial, happiness or otherwise, this goal setting is often focused on the event instead of the process.
- Chris sold his business and is retiring at 30
- Matt has a 6 pack
- Theresa has a luxurious new car
- Shane rides his mountain bike like a pro
- Andy bought a million dollar mansion
- Nina made that marathon look easy
- Jack does a heck of a lot of travel
When we see successful people, we’ve been conditioned to think that they are lucky, naturally skilled, had rich parents or some other justification as to why they can succeed and we can’t. What we’re seeing is the event.
The reality however, is that there was a lengthy process involved in the lead up to these events.